Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peace we make : Harmony (3)

Leymah Gbowee

She was born at 1972, Monrovia, Liberia. 
Her Prize motivation is "for their non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for womens rights to full participation in peace-building work". Also She awarded Nobel Peace Prize in 2011.


Leymah Gbowee Quotes

At 17, the first time I saw a dead body, I froze. By 31 it was a natural occurrence for me, and no group of people should live like that.
-Leymah Gbowee

I have come to one conclusion: All that I am, all that I aspire to be, all that I was before, is by the grace of God. There are so many women in Africa, and outside Africa, who are more intelligent than I am.
-Leymah Gbowee

I'm now on a journey to fulfill the wish, in my tiny capacity, of little African girls.
-Leymah Gbowee

The one thing I have never been afraid of is standing before important people and speaking my mind. I represent women who may never have the opportunity to go to the UN or meet with a president. I'm never afraid to speak truth to power.
-Leymah Gbowee

13 comments:

  1. I'm never afraid to speak truth to power.
    - I sincerely agree with your writing.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think same as you. Thank you~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ☞Your writing helps me to solve curiosities about the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading such woderful writing again.^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. am looking forward to reading such woderful writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sincerely agree with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that your wish become true^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want equality and peace of African women.

    ReplyDelete